Marilyn

I find that when it’s time to prepare a recipe and I don’t know where to start - I just start!  I often start with the basics of onions, mushrooms and garlic.
By the time that the basics are done, my intuition will “kick in” and guide me to what can be added next. Of course I have to have some ingredients on hand to work with, so I will scan my pantry for sauces perhaps for flavorings, or the refrigerator to see what vegetables I may have on hand and choose from there.  But I let “working with what I have” guide me to a delicious recipe.
Many of my best recipes have come from this type of process, where I leave my mind aside and trust my intuition, often creating recipes outside of the box!  Don’t be afraid to take an ingredient that you like the taste of, and add it to other ingredients.

This is a version of an intuitive breakfast I make for my husband and I.   I have toasted Hemp bread (French Meadow Bakery) and I have blended chard, added white miso, earth balance butter, bragg’s aminos and a tiny amount of garlic and blended the steamed greens with the steamed water.  On the toast, (buttered or un-buttered) I have placed sliced avocado, and tempeh bacon strips. Pour the blender mixture over the open faced covered toasts.  Sometimes I will serve this at a time besides breakfast.

Chard and Tempeh over Hemp Toasts