Parfait desserts makes a great presentation. For any leftovers, the chef eats the bonus snack. Fruits prepared this way are also excellent for smoothies. Below, I am giving ingredients according to layers. *The blueberry mixture goes in the 1st and 3rd layer.
2 cups blueberries, fresh
1/2 cup cashews
6 tablespoons agave nectar
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
Directions correspond with each bold numbered layer
1. Blend the above in a blender and divide half the mixture between 4 parfait glasses. (Spoon 1/4 cup in each glass)
1 cup strawberries, fresh
1/2 cup cashews
3 tablespoons agave nectar
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2. Blend, layer 2nd layer, dividing the mixture between 4 parfait glasses. (Spoon 1/4 cup in each glass)
3. Add the remaining blueberry mixture to the 4 parfait glasses. (Spoon 1/4 cup in each glass)
4. Blend 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks. Make sure there is enough space left for the 5th layer (*or blend 2 cups pineapple for the 4-5th layer). Divide mixture in 4 glasses.
5. If you are blending pineapple for both the 4th and 5th layers, either increase the amount of pineapple (*step 4) or blend a pitted soft persimmon and finish off the layering process for the 4 glasses.
6. Allow dessert to set up overnight in the refrigerator. Garnish with strawberry fans and mint leaf sprigs.
Yield serves 4
Any colorful combination of fruits can be used. If persimmons are not in season, use another colorful, custard-like fruit, such as mango, or *increase the amount of pineapple. Sapote and cherimoya are also delicious custard-like fruits, however, they lack the color intensity, yet their tastes make it up in flavor!
Labels: Yummy dishes